Billing Information

Payment Options

Payment for water bills can also be made by using Cash, Check, Credit/Debit Card (Visa & Master Card only), Money Order and Automatic Direct Pay that withdraws your payment from your checking or savings accounts. If you would like to take advantage of the Direct Pay, please complete the Direct Pay Form and attach a voided check or deposit slip from your savings account and mail or bring to City Hall. 

The city also has the option to pay online using the link that is attached to this website.

Establish Water Service
If you are moving within the city limits of Troy and need to establish new water service, below is some important information for new residents.

Note: Trash customers that are over the age of 62 or handicapped may apply for a senior discount by coming into City Hall and filling out form.

Deposits for Water/Sewer/Trash services are as follows:

$100.00—For Homeowners
$150.00—For Renters 
Deposits can be paid by Check, Cash, Money Order or Credit/Debit Cards (Visa or Master Card only).

We require a 1 business day notice to establish, transfer, or disconnect service. No Exceptions.

Water Department is open 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.

To establish service follow the steps below:
1. Contact Utility Billing at 636-462-7611 to verify your address is within the City Limits
2. Come into City Hall located at 800 Cap Au Gris and complete a Service Agreement
3. Provide a valid driver’s license or other form of picture ID (we will make copy)
4. Provide deposit in full

Transfer Water Service
If you are transferring an existing water account to a new address, you will need to come into City Hall to fill out the appropriate paperwork.
We require a 1 business day notice to establish, transfer or disconnect service. No Exceptions.

Water department is open 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.

Note: If we currently hold a deposit in your name, we will not require a new one. 

Name Change
If a name change or addition is needed you have the following option:
• Contact Utility Billing at 636-462-7611 

Discontinue Water Service
To discontinue your water service you will need to select one of the following options:
• Contact the Water Department at 636-462-7611
• Come into City Hall located at 800 Cap Au Gris
And provide the following information:
• Date service should be disconnected
• Forwarding address
• If renting, landlords name
Any water deposit on your account will be applied to any outstanding balance at the time your final bill is generated. Should the deposit be greater than what is owed on your account, a check will be mailed to you for the remaining balance. 

Billing Information
All bills are mailed out around the 10th of each month and will be due on the last day of that same month. Any accounts that have not paid the balance in full by the due date become past due and a late fee of $10.00 will be applied to the balance.

Delinquent Accounts
Disconnect notices are mailed to every customer with an unpaid balance after the end of the month due date. There is a date on the delinquent notice by which the past due balance must be paid to avoid disconnection. If this balance has not been paid before that date, all accounts will be charged a $25.00 service fee, (even if the service has not been disconnected). Customers who wait until disconnection day will be required to not only pay the past due, but the current bill and all late and service fees. Services that have been disconnected will not be restored until account has been paid to a zero balance. All balances must be paid by 3:00 p.m. on the day of disconnect to ensure water is turned on the same day. Our city Maintenance Staff does not re-connect water on the weekends or after 3:00 p.m. No Exceptions.