Purpose and Mission
The Court is the Judicial Branch of City Government and is a qualified division of the Circuit Court of Lincoln County. The Municipal Court adjudicates traffic and other ordinance violations primarily filed by the Troy Police Department. The mission of The Municipal Court is to treat the citizens who appear in a timely, courteous and efficient manner and assure them of a fair and impartial disposition of their case(s).
MUNICIPAL DIVISION OF TROY
Judge Gary Grunick
800 Cap Au Gris
Troy, MO 63379
TROY MUNICIPAL COURT
FORTY FIFTH JUDICIAL DIVISION OF THE
LINCOLN COUNTY CIRCUIT COURT
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS
By pleading guilty, I admit that I have been advised of the following:
- That I have been advised of the charge pending against me, of the elements of the offense, and of the maximum penalty to which I may be subject which may include the possibility of a jail sentence. ($5.00-$500.00 and/or up to 90 days in Jail)
- That my plea of guilty is of my own free choice. No one has forced or induced me to enter the plea in return for any promised action.
- That I have been advised of my rights to a trial, right of confrontation and cross-examination of my accusers, right to a compulsory appearance of witnesses in my defense, privilege against compulsory self-incrimination, and my right to appeal.
- That I have been advised that I am entitled to be represented by an attorney, or to appear without an attorney.
- hat I have been advised of and understand that my plea of guilty will result in giving up all the above rights and that I freely and voluntarily give up those rights.
If you are charged with an offense listed below, you may plead GUILTY and avoid the requirement of appearing in the court. In order to plead guilty by mail you must return your copy of the summons with your signature on the back waiving your right to trial and entering your plea of guilty. OR, you may pay in person at the Troy Municipal Court payment window located at 800 Cap Au Gris, Troy, MO.
Pay your fine by mail or in person anytime M-F Office hours 8:00 am-4:30pm. We accept Cash, Cashier’s Check, & Money Order Made Payable To The City Of Troy. DO NOT SEND CASH BY MAIL. You can pay your traffic ticket using a credit/debit card by calling 1-800-444-1187 or by visiting the Traffic Payment Website (click on the image below)
(1) Contest this complaint in Court at address, date and time designated on your ticket.
(2) If you fail to appear on your Court date or pay your fine beforehand, a warrant may be issued for your arrest and your driving privileges may be suspended.
(3) No continuances will be granted.
(4) Any violation involving an accident requires a court appearance.
(5) You must send a payment for the amount listed below made payable to the Municipal Court of Troy. By State Statute court costs are incurred at the filing of the ticket and must be paid with the fine.
(6) Enclose self-addressed stamped envelope for return of copy of receipt if you want a receipt returned.
The following will NOT be ALLOWED in court:
Cut Off T-Shirts
Shorts, Tank Tops
No Food or Drink allowed
All pants will be worn at the waist
Any attire deemed improper by Bailiffs
SPEEDING AND OTHER MOVING VIOLATION:
(SPEEDING-$3.00 Per Mile for the first 10 m.p.h. over the speed limit, then $5.00 per mile for the next 20 m.p.h. over the speed limit plus $24.50 court costs)
|10 miles over limit||$54.50|
|11 miles over limit||$79.50|
|12 miles over limit||$84.50|
|13 miles over limit||$89.50|
|14 miles over limit||$94.50|
|15 miles over limit||$99.50|
|16 miles over limit||$104.50|
|17 miles over limit||$109.50|
|18 miles over limit||$114.50|
|19 miles over limit||$119.50|
|20 miles over limit||$124.50|
|21 miles over limit||$129.50|
|22 miles over limit||$134.50|
|23 miles over limit||$139.50|
|24 miles over limit||$144.50|
|25 miles over limit||$149.50|
|26 miles over limit||$154.50|
|27 miles over limit||$159.50|
|28 miles over limit||$164.50|
|29 miles over limit||$169.50|
|30 miles over limit||$174.50|
Anything over 30 miles over MUST go to court
|Driving Wrong Way||330.020 $89.50|
|Evading An Intersection||340.230 $89.50|
|Failed to Dim Lights||380.040 $89.50|
|Fail to drive right half of roadway||340.170 $99.50|
|Fail to follow intermediate license||390.030 $89.50|
|Failed To Signal||340.190 $89.50|
|Failed To Stop-Sign||335.050 $89.50|
|Failed to Stop-Signal||315.030 $89.50|
|Failed to Yield||335.040 $89.50|
|Following to Close||340.220 $89.50|
|Impede Traffic||320.040 $89.50|
|Improper Passing||340.180 $89.50|
|Squeal Tires||380.140 $89.50|
|Child Restraint||380.170 $49.50|
|Failed to Affix Plates||390.060 $49.50|
|Failed to Register||390.050 $89.50|
|Fire Lane Parking||355.010 $89.50|
|Handicap Parking||355.100 $89.50|
|Head light out||380.020 $49.50|
|Tail light out||380.050 $49.50|
|Improper Parking||350.010 $89.50|
|Loud Exhaust||380.140 $89.50|
|No License Plates||390.050 $89.50|
|No Parking Zone||355.010 $89.50|
|Parking on Grass||340.240 $89.50|
|Plates of Another Person||390.110 $89.50|
|No Seat Belt||380.160 $10.00|
|Tinted Windows||380.180 $89.50|
|Loud Music||380.140 $49.50|
|ATV on roadway||340.110 $89.50|
|Barking dog||205.030 $89.50|
|Burning Trash||220.085 $89.50|
-Weeds, Junk as nuisance
|Dog at Large||205.100 $89.50|
|Failure to license dog||205.110 $89.50|
|No Helmet||380.190 $49.50|